You Can't Catch Me

Jessica Williams has just been fired from her investigative journalism job for plagiarism. She decides to go to a resort in Mexico to escape the press coverage. While waiting at the airport, she finds a woman with the exact same name. After playing a game of twenty questions to see what other similarities they share, they exchange contact information. When Jessica returns home from Mexico, she discovers large cash withdrawals have been made from her bank account and that Jessica Two is the one who took the money. After doing some digging, convinced she's pulled this scam before, Jessica is determined to catch Jessica Two by reaching out to other Jessica's on Facebook. When she gets some responses from other victim's, she sets a plan in motion.

I love when I read the first few words of a book and already know I'm going to love it. Everything this author writes is so good, she has such talent! Everything about this novel is interesting - Jessica's upbringing, all the Jessica's, the outcome.. everything!! I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I absolutely loved the big twist. I look forward to reading more from Catherine McKenzie!

Thank you to Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for granting my wish to read an ARC.


5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies