The Girl with the Kitten Tattoo

Lara Caphart's best friend is getting married. Sherry and her fiancé, David, are going to get married in Sherry's family's coffee shop. Lara couldn't be happier for them, but she can't help but wonder when her boyfriend, Gideon, will pop the question. It's business as usual at High Cliff Shelter for Cats. Lara and her aunt Fran take in and look after cats in their old Folk Victorian until they find loving homes for them. As if Lara didn't have enough going on, Gideon's ex, Megan, has just showed up, and to make matters worse for Lara, Gideon has never mentioned her before. When Megan's ex-boss is found dead, suspicion falls on Megan. But thanks to Lara's spirit cat, a cat named Blue that only she can see, she knows it couldn't have been Megan and she knows she has to help.

I didn't find this one as enjoyable as the others. I thought it was a bit juvenile. Lara's always worrying about her boyfriend, and wondering if it's over and they're not communicating. I also can't stand abbreviated words - pics, deetz. I do love cats and I love when other people love and take care of cats. The mystery was good and I flew through the book quickly. I would probably read the next one in the series.

Thank you to Netgalley and Lyrical Press for an ARC.

3/5.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies