The Girl from Widow Hills

Arden Maynor was only young when she was swept away while sleepwalking. She was missing for days and was eventually found alive, clinging to a storm drain. She was a living miracle, but fame took its toll and when she was old enough she changed her name and disappeared from the public eye. She's now known as Olivia and is living hundreds of miles away from the place she grew up. But the twentieth anniversary of her rescue is coming up and the media will no doubt have something planned. She feels like she's being watched, she begins sleepwalking again - something that hasn't happened in a long time. One night she wakes up outside her home and finds a corpse at her feet.

I'll admit I had trouble getting into this one at first. The writing seemed abrupt and disjointed. But I kept plugging away and eventually I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I'll also admit that I did not read the part about the corpse on the blurb so I was really excited when I read about that and that's where it took off for me. What happened?! Not only what happened now, but what happened all those years ago. Interesting concept. Interesting characters. The ending was a little out there for me, but overall this was a very strong, solid read.

Thank you to Netgalley and Simon & Schuster Canada for an ARC.


4/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies