For Whom the Book Tolls

Jenna Quinn has gotten into some trouble in her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina. Her uncle has reached out and offered her a place to stay in exchange for some help in his antiquarian bookstore. But not long after she arrives in the small town of Hokes Folly, she finds her uncle's body at the bottom of the staircase between his apartment and the bookstore. Jenna learns that she has inherited almost everything her uncle owned - she is now a millionaire. And the police believe that is a good motive for murder.

I debated reading this one but the cover won me over. I liked this book more than I thought I would. At the beginning Jenna had a lot of lumps in her throat. But I grew to like Jenna and the old bookstore and the small town of Hokes Folly - I especially enjoyed learning about the history of Hokes Folly. I thought the friendship developed fast between Jenna and her neighbour, Rita, but I can't even complain about that - I really like their friendship and may even be a bit jealous! The writing and the mystery itself were both well done. There were even some funny lines in here. I look forward to reading more in this series!

Thank you to Netgalley and Crooked Lane Books for an ARC.


5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies