Lost You

Three years ago Libby's husband left her and their infant son Ethan. She's been struggling to launch her writing career while also taking care of Ethan. But now things are looking up and mother and son are on their way to have some fun on vacation. Although it's not much fun looking over your shoulder every minute. Libby has never told anyone about what happened when Ethan was born, and no one could find her at a faraway resort, right? Wrong. Ethan wanders into an elevator and disappears. CCTV footage shows an adult leading Ethan away by the hand. When then woman and Ethan are found hours later, the woman tells everyone she's Ethan's mother.

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but I know this wasn't it. It starts off intense and gripping. Libby loves her son Ethan and is very attentive, but all it takes is the blink of an eye to lose him. So what's going on?! Who is this woman who has Ethan and how is she his mother?! The book was even okay when we learned about Anna, but as that story went on I began to lose interest fast. The story is more focused on something else, something I'm completely not interested in. I found it repetitious and unbelievable. I started skimming. I did read the twist, that was well done. The ending seemed rushed. If I had've known a bit more about what was going on before requesting this I wouldn't have bothered.

Thanks to Netgalley and Crown Publishing for an ARC.
 


2/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me No Lies

Kiss Me in New York