Claws for Celebration

In Whisker Jog, New Hampshire, everyone is getting ready for the town's annual holiday cookie competition. Lara Caphart tries to get a pet-friendly cookie category added, but sadly it's not going to happen this year. Lara and her aunt Fran run the High Cliff Shelter for cats. Pet-friendly cookies are the least of their worries, though, when a last-minute judge dies after sampling Santa cookies. The victim, an old home economics teacher named Gladys Plouffe, wasn't very well liked in the town. But the prime suspect happens to be the mother of Lara's best friend. Lara knows she didn't kill anyone, so with the help of a mysterious Ragdoll cat, Lara is going to stop the killer from getting away with the purrfect crime.

Ooh! I'm so happy I found this while browsing Netgalley! I love that cover. Although this is the third in the Cat Lady Mysteries it can be read as a standalone. Lara and aunt Fran have lots of cats living in their house and I love it!! But these cuties are up for adoption and when that happened I felt that empty feeling, that sadness, that ache.. even though Lara and aunt Fran wouldn't let their furry friends go unless it was to a very good home. Christmas and cats made this an especially cozy mystery and the mystery itself was very well done. I even liked the human characters. I'll definitely read books one and two, and keep my eyes open for future books in the series.

Thank you to Netgalley and Kensington for an ARC.


5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me No Lies

Kiss Me in New York