When You Find Me

Gray Godfrey and her husband, Paul, are visiting her family's estate in South Carolina. After waking from a night of heavy drinking she finds that she's alone in bed. In fact, Paul isn't even in the house and hasn't been all night. She remembers bits and pieces of their trip to the local bar, so maybe Paul went somewhere to cool off. But when their rental car is found abandoned on the highway Gray is relieved - Paul is gone. Gray receives a call from a stranger named Annie who claims to know his whereabouts. Gray reluctantly accepts her help, but soon Annie begins to reveal secrets only Gray knows. Nobody seems to know anyone named Annie. Who is she and what does she want? Paul still hasn't been found and Gray's world is falling apart.

The blurb sounded good, but it was the cover that made me request this - it's gorgeous! The story grabbed me from the start. The writing is good and it was easy to fall into the privileged yet damaged world of Gray. She's a drinker and as the story goes on we uncover what made Gray who she is today. What a big mess - poor Gray. And poor Paul. What happened to him?! I couldn't wait to find out. At about 70% something happened that I really did not like and I couldn't get into the story again. I understand how it ties in to everything and I can appreciate it but I can't help it - I don't like when stuff like that happens. Overall though this was really good. It was compulsive, suspenseful and interesting to get into the mind of Gray.

Thank you to Netgalley and Crooked Lane Books for an ARC.


4/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me No Lies

Kiss Me in New York