Sometimes I Lie

My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me:
1. I’m in a coma.
2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie.


Amber Reynolds is in a hospital. She can't speak, she can't open her eyes, she can't move. But she can hear everything that's going on around her. No one knows she can hear them. And although she doesn't remember what happened to her, she believes her husband had something to do with it.

This was so good right from page one. I loved the writing - easy to read and to imagine everything as it happened, but also a bit funny without trying. I loved all the lies, secrets and manipulation we had to sift through to get to the bottom of things. We go between the present which is Amber in her paralyzed state who can listen to the conversations in her hospital room, the week before the accident, and a series of childhood diaries from over twenty years ago. This book was very cleverly crafted. The twists and turns! I was so happy with the way the whole story came together. But that ending - ugh. The author lost me at the very end. Overall though this was a page-turner that had me wondering more than once what the hell was going on!

4/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me No Lies

Kiss Me in New York