After Nightfall

Marissa Parlette's best friend betrayed her in college and now, after years of not talking, she pops back into her life and seeks forgiveness. As a gesture of reconciliation Marissa invites Lauren to her engagement party. But Lauren has too much to drink. She's flirting. The night doesn't go quite as planned and the morning is even worse - Lauren's body is found at the bottom of a rocky cliff. Marissa is desperate to find the answers surrounding her death. She was scared of heights, so did she fall? Was she pushed? Did she mean to end her life? As she digs around for answers she begins to understand that everyone has secrets.

I love that cover! I was only going to read a chapter because I knew if I had plans to read it all the library books I have on hold would all come at once. After that first chapter I wasn't so sure I'd like the book that much. But then I was flying through the pages. I couldn't get enough. What happened to Lauren?! All the little tidbits are weaved together to create a clever story. Everyone is seen as suspicious, they all have secrets. I loved how the book ended. I was surprised at the big reveal, again I appreciate the cleverness, but I wasn't totally crazy about it. But this was still a tense, enjoyable page-turner for me.

Thank you to Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for an ARC.


4/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies