S.T.A.G.S

It's autumn term at the exclusive St. Aidan the Great boarding school, also known as S.T.A.G.S to the privileged pupils, and Greer MacDonald is struggling to fit in. Making even one friend is looking bleak until she receives a mysterious invitation with three words embossed on it - huntin' shootin' fishin'. And it's from Henry de Warlencourt. Henry is the most popular and wealthy boy at S.T.A.G.S and he's inviting her to spend half term weekend at his country manor. She's surprised and flattered. But when she arrives at the ancient and sprawling Longcross Hall, she realizes that the only adults around are the servants and the three bloodsports - hunting, shooting, fishing - aren't only about the wild animals. Greer and the other two misfits Henry has invited along are being hunted.

To look at the actual cover, it's gorgeous. Crisp and elegant. When I read the blurb I thought people were being hunted and that was it. People being hunted I'm okay with. Animals, I'm not. I was absolutely devouring this book and then.. poor stag. I try to tell myself it's just a book, it's not real. I almost dnf'ed. Even though I tried my best to skip these parts, the author seemed to go into great detail with organs and insides. I'll cry into my pillow tonight for all the poor animals in this book. I do enjoy books about boarding schools and the twisted secrets they seem to hold and this part did not disappoint. The school and the de Warlencourt's country manor is so beautiful and rich with history. The writing was good and made it easy to fly through the pages in no time.

I won a copy of this book through LibraryThing. Thank you to Penguin Random House Canada for a hardcover copy.


4/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies