Pawprints & Predicaments

The Tail Waggin' Winterfest is the highlight of the season in Slyvan Creek - a small town in the Pocono Mountains famous for being pet-friendly. There's an ice sculpture display, a dogsled race, and an annoying TV producer filming the festivities. Not only is Lauren Savidge annoying, she's controlling and overbearing. Daphne Templeton wants to tell Lauren to jump in a lake. And that's what they're both going to do in the town's first-ever polar bear plunge in Lake Wallapawakee along with eighty or so others who are braving the frigid water to raise money for animals in need. But Lauren is dragged out of the water by a mysterious St. Bernard. Now Daphne and her trusty sidekick, Socrates the basset hound, are going to help Detective Johnathan Black in the murder investigation whether he wants them to or not.

This is the third book in the Lucky Paws Petsitting series but it's the first one I've read. I had no problem following along. I felt as though I was a part of this small town. I love that they love animals. I'm a big animal lover myself and have pets so I could relate to Daphne talking to her pets and them giving her certain looks and answering her because, oh my God, mine do that too! The mystery was great. I suspected everyone at one point and was surprised at who the murderer was. Lots of cozy vibes with the fireplaces and warm, gooey cookies and hot chocolate. There are even recipes for our furry friends that Daphne uses in her new bakery Flour Power! I'm definitely going to read the first two books and keep my eyes open for more in the future.

Thank you to Netgalley and Kensington Books for an ARC.


5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies