The Couple Next Door

The neighbours are having a dinner party. But they don't want your six-month-old daughter there. She's a fussy baby and they can't stand her crying. Marco Conti tells his wife, Anne, it will be fine. There's only a wall separating them from their daughter. They'll take the baby monitor and take turns checking on her every half hour. The last time Anne checked on Cora, she was asleep in her crib. But when they return she's not there. Someone has taken their daughter while they were right next door.

I had a hard time getting through the first chapter, but once I did I didn't want to put the book down. What happened to baby Cora and is she okay?! The writing was good, the suspense was good. I thought it was clever the way things all came together. I didn't care for the last chapter either, but what was in between the first chapter and the last was sooo good!


5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me No Lies

Kiss Me in New York