Baby Doll

Lily Riser was kidnapped when she was a teenager. For the last eight years, Lily has been trapped in a small basement prison where her and her daughter are being held captive. For her daughter, Sky, it's the only world she knows. Their captor prides himself in being clever - leaving the deadbolt unlocked and beating Lily when she tries to escape. But one day when he leaves the deadbolt unlocked, he's not there to punish her. Lily and Sky are finally free. 

This book is more about how Lily, her twin sister Abby, her mother and her captor deal with the aftermath of Lily's escape and return home. It started off great. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. But then two things in particular started to bother me: 1. Abby!! Oh my God I did not enjoy reading the chapters about her. She was so overbearing. She drove me nuts! I can't remember when I've disliked a character so much. 2. Lily did some odd things when it came to her captor when she was free. I've never been kidnapped and I'm not an expert but she handled things quite well afterwards and seemed relatively normal. I don't know. It just wasn't the fast paced psychological thriller I was hoping for. It started off with such promise but ultimately left me unsatisfied.


3/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies