I Liked My Life

Maddy's husband, Brady, and their teenage daughter, Eve, are struggling with one nagging question since learning she committed suicide - why did she do it? Maddy seemed to have a great life. Her husband is successful, her teenage daughter is perfect. Maddy herself was thoughtful and good at giving advice. She believed in forgiveness and being nice to everyone. Brady is learning how he could've done things differently as is Eve, but it still doesn't make sense for Maddy to do something this drastic without any signs that something was wrong. However, Maddy hasn't completely left Brady and Eve. She is watching from beyond, trying to steer them in the right direction that will allow them to heal from the past and start anew.

This is a beautifully written book. Each chapter has all three points-of-view: Maddy's, Brady's and Eve's. These characters are strong and real. They each have their own unique voice and opinions and I loved reading about each one. The whole book flowed well - there are no weak parts, no boring parts. The way it's set up did not distract or confuse me. I love when an author makes me feel as though I'm there and that I know the characters. Everything was perfect.

Also, twenty percent of the author's proceeds support women and children's charities around the globe.

I won a copy through Goodreads First Reads. Thank you to Goodreads and St. Martin's Press for providing me with an advance uncorrected proof.


5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Night Stalker

Goodbye Days