The Inconceivable Life of Quinn

Quinn Cutler is sixteen and pregnant. But she has no recollection of ever having sex. Before she can figure things out, her story becomes public. Rumours start flying, jeopardizing her reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and her father’s campaign for Congress. Religious fanatics begin gathering at their home, believing Quinn is pregnant with the next messiah. In Quinn's search for the truth, she uncovers strange family secrets that have her wondering if she really is a virgin.

The book started off good with strong writing, the way lots of great YA books are written. But overall it was boring. Not much happens, some parts were repetitious, and I didn't care for the ending. My need to know how the mystery unravelled kept me turning the pages but ultimately left me disappointed. There were lots of things I liked about the book - the main character, her childhood, her grandmother's past, the setting, why she thinks she's a pregnant virgin but the whole thing just didn't come together for me.


3/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies