Swimming at Night

Katie has just been told that her younger sister, Mia, has been found dead at the bottom of a cliff in Bali and that it has been ruled a suicide. Katie and Mia didn't exactly get along with each other as they got older and they hardly talked to each other since Mia suddenly left on an around-the-world trip six months ago, but Katie doesn't believe that Mia killed herself. After Mia's journal has been returned to her sister in London, Katie decides that the only way to find out the truth is to travel in Mia's footsteps. So Katie leaves her safe, orderly life behind and travels to all the places Mia wrote about in her journal.

The chapters go back and forth between Katie and Mia. The book was nothing special, in fact it was boring and mostly forgettable. A few things seemed too convenient. But I wanted to know what happened to Mia. And when I found out I was a little disappointed. What I really enjoyed was travelling - I felt like I was in California, Hawaii, Australia, and Bali.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiss Me in New York

Tell Me No Lies